Sometimes I'm stumped for something to draw or paint. The kitchen is full of colorful inspiration. You can create with the entire prepared food or just an ingredient like I chose to do here. Today I'm bringing art and a recipe together I've painted these Roma tomatoes and included one of my favorite summer recipes. When the weather starts heating up I like to prepare the bacon ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. What other short cuts do you take to make hot weather cooking easier?
Some other art and recipe combinations:
Cranberry Orange Bread
Perfect Trail Mix
Cinnamon Rolls
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Tortilla Wraps
"Combining everything and then putting it into the wrap yields a more uniform taste."
1/2 lb bacon
1 C lettuce shredded
3 Roma tomatoes chopped
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas
1/2 C mayonnaise
Fry bacon and crumble place in medium bowl, add lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayonnaise; toss to coat. Place one large spoonful into the center of each tortilla. Wrap using the instructions from the tortilla package. Tastes best if served immediately.
Shared with Paint Party Friday A Favorite ThingSome other art and recipe combinations:
Cranberry Orange Bread
Perfect Trail Mix
Cinnamon Rolls
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Tortilla Wraps
"Combining everything and then putting it into the wrap yields a more uniform taste."
1/2 lb bacon
1 C lettuce shredded
3 Roma tomatoes chopped
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas
1/2 C mayonnaise
Fry bacon and crumble place in medium bowl, add lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayonnaise; toss to coat. Place one large spoonful into the center of each tortilla. Wrap using the instructions from the tortilla package. Tastes best if served immediately.

10 comments:
My favorite Breakfast - great watercolor ! HppF .
Oh yummy! Your wraps sound delish. Love your Roma tomatoes painting, the colors are a cheery delight for a warm summers day! HPPF!
Fun painting! I love fresh tomatoes in summer!!
Nothing beats a home-grown tomato! :)
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
beautiful watercolor sketching Mary!! I cannot wait for fresh garden tomatoes, veggies and herbs to arrive. Happy PPF!
Good cheap restaurant pimienos these are so great ... Saludos
Yummy both the painting and the recipe!! I love roma tomatoes in the summer!!
Hugs Giggles
Mmmmm Sounds lovely and the Roma tomatoes look great too!
OMGosh amazing art and wonderful recipe all in one. Thanks. Blessings, Janet PPF
I was just about to make a toasted tomato sandwich for my lunch! Your recipe looks delicious.
This loos and sound delicious! Happy (late!) PPF
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!