All this talk of food in the last post makes me hungry I woke up with a desire to not only eat but to enjoy the warmth of the oven and the smell of cinnamon rolls. You understand, the complete experience. A perfect way to start a cold day. I sketched the last one as it sat helplessly waiting to be eaten.
1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon water, or as needed
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 dash vanilla extract
1. Lightly grease 2 round cake pans with butter.
2. Roll bread dough out to an 6x18-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Combine brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over butter. Roll dough into a log, starting at the long edge. Moisten edge with water and seal. Cut log into 20 slices; arrange rolls, cut sides down, in prepared cake pans. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 90 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour heavy cream over dough.
4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
5. Mix confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls to serve
Shared with Sweet Saturdays A Favorite Thing