As a little girl I loved playing with plastic animals. My eldest daughter didn't care much for them she was more of a fashion doll girl. My other two may but I need to wait until our youngest gets past the choke fear age. In the mean time I'm enjoying a little vignette of my own tucked away next to the computer. They're entertaining to look at when I'm idle at the keyboard. I actually went on eBay the other day looking at vintage plastic toys. I came across a set I had, that gushing memory response is probably why the auction site does so well. I curbed the urge to buy. None of these* are from the past except the stuffed tiger and Breyer horse in the picture with the drawn by group member ATCs that I received in swaps, trimmed to share the shelves. Off to take care of last minute classroom things that darn calendar I still need to tape the days on. Tomorrow is orientation they haven't seen the room since the kinder upgrades were added. I can't wait to see their faces.
*some animals have aided in one way or another in past art projects the
squirrel,
parrot and
lamb
 |
| Altered ATCs created for me, Breyer horse and stuffed tiger |
 |
| Dinosaurs, lizards and crustaceans from dollar store |
 |
| Schleich animals from farm goods store |
 |
| Safari Ltd Toobs from craft store |
 |
| Shelf from Craigslist painted with cream latex paint |
1 comment:
My kids love them too, though they aren't much fun to step on in the middle of the night which is when they usually turn up around our house! ;) I fixed the e-mail widget & put it on my sidebar -- thanks for the suggestion! xo
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!