Ads 468x60px

Winter Squirrel's Preparations

My submission for this week's Illustration Friday prompt "Prepare" drawn with Micron pens and Prismacolor colored pencils.

We have a squirrel that lives in a nest high in the tree farthest from the house. He enjoys coming up on our deck and gazing over 'his' property. One day I caught him up there licking on a straw from a discarded milkshake cup. He has also been known to like licking cheese off of discarded taco bell packages.

When I was baking holiday cookies I threw a peanut butter one out for him. He promptly took it and hid it, unfortunate for him I thought as the rain would surely melt it in time. What actually happened was our Shetland Sheepdog Star ate it. Poor squirrel should have stuck to acorns.
 

5 comments:

  1. I can see his personality in the drawing, Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your work featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured on pick of the week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates