The idea for this bird family came to me about two weeks ago. I bounced it around in my head, doodled it, tossed it and then finally realized that it had to be done. The way the parents are looking at their sloppy big baby with those big loving eyes just says it all for me, time to leave the nest buddy boy. The layers have been created with the ripped paper gesso technique, watercolor washes, acrylic sprays, stencils, stamps and markers.
Shared with Paint Party Friday
17 comments:
Thats so sweet.... and I love the words!
Karen x
Love how the papers have different subtle textures to them- such soft and gentle colors match the fabulous quote!
Awwww...how sweet, love this! Happy PPF!
This is great Mary, loving the birds and the fab background and words. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x
Really liking how your lettering breaks through the border. It's so true - knowing you are loved gives you that solid base to take great risks. Lovely painting! Happy PPF!
Oh, this is so cute! Love it!
I really love this! Great work! And a great quote too.
LOl, that is cute and fun! Absolutely love the way you have used color in this!
So lovely, Mary.
What is the ripped paper gesso technique?
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
It sounds like fun to do as well!
what a delighfully fun painting! Love the quote with it too. Happy PPF!
Gorgeous! I love the saying and that sweet mama bird. Happy PPF
So sweet!
Happy PPF!
Rinda
Hi Mary. This is a very fun painting. Love it as well as the quote. Thank you. Happy PPF!
Perfect colors and quote!! Good job!
Hugs Giggles
It shows that you had a lot of fun doing this one! Very cute!!
This is super cute!!! :D I feel so happy just by looking at it
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!