Ads 468x60px

In The Kitchen

09-27-2012 I've had this cute little Moleskine for almost a year.  You know the kind of sketchbook that is there tempting you to come up with a subject just so you can use it.  I have it conveniently in my kitchen drawer so that if my "Artist Senses" start tingling I pull it out and draw. 

I'm using a Copic fine line pen with it and it's working out well so far.  No frustrated pen tip snapping his week.  I guess since it's in the kitchen I'm inspired to draw the objects there here are a few of the ones I enjoyed making the most. 

I should keep it in different places throughout the house and see what it inspires, the fabulous traveling sketchbook.  Who knew that paper placement influenced what would be created on it?  Hence toilet paper in the bathroom.  ewww I went there...potty humor.





Shared at Artist's Play Room

28 comments:

Alex said...

nice sketches!

Beth said...

I love sketches with personality like this. Maybe it's the voyeur in me but I love sketches inside peoples home - real personal sketches.

Linda Richardson said...

do we really need an excuse to keep a cute moleskine handy? good job christening it with your sketches!

Unknown said...

L like your style - and sketches!!

Cindy D. said...

Great sketches! I really like little room scenes with all kinds of bric-a-brac. The bananas are great too!

VivJM said...

a sketchbook in every room would be cool! Great sketches!

Tracey FK said...

love the kitchen notebook... I always keep scrap aper in the kitchen for when I am flipping through magazines and things... maybe I should move a sketchbook instead...xx

Jennifer McLean said...

that is such a great point, where you have the paper and pen is where you'll be inspired. your drawings are awesome and I'm just starting my moleskine too!

Neesie said...

I'm just starting to try out my sketching techniques...but I've got such a long way to go.
You have certainly mastered the art! :D

Currie Silver said...

fun to see and even more to read. I love how we seem to catch ourselves BEing ourselves as we share our art journeys.

Darla said...

Fun to see your kitchen in your great sketches. One day I will have to break down and buy a moleskin - I think I'm the last holdout on the planet :-)

Darla

Alicia C said...

great sketches! the room one is really cool and deep. Also love the idea of 'tingling artists senses' :D

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful sketches, looks like it will be a wonderful journal.

Molly said...

Great detailed sketches... And interesting idea to keep it in the kitchen . I might try that, too. So many good sources of inspiration in the kitchen!

Heather said...

great sketches - the bananas look perfect for muffin making.
i love copic markers, too!

Anonymous said...

Nice sketches. Now that's a good idea - keep a sketch pad in every room. Years ago I just had to bring my sketch pad in the bathroom because there were at least four or five beautiful figures in the swirled Formica pattern of the vanity! (Probably only an artist could see them, but they were there!)

Rita said...

These are great! Obviously this idea works well for you. Super! :)

carlarey said...

Love your cozy kitchen sketches. I am going to use your idea of keeping sketchbooks all around the house too!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

What a great idea to always have your sketchbook handy. I love seeing your very attractive and comfy kitchen. Great bananas, too! :)

Debbie said...

great idea mary, and your sketches are good too!

Morph Waffle said...

What fun sketches, I really like the middle one!

Unknown said...

oh wow!!!! these are amazing!!!! wonderful Sketches!!!

carol l mck said...

Neat illustrations ~ wonderfully done ~ (A Creative Harbor)

sharon said...

Great idea, veges and fruit always inspire me but I never do anything about it, I love the bananas they are the tastiest when there are brown specks on them.

Abby / Linda said...

Lovely kitchen, and I love the banana sketch!!

Keely said...

Seeing this makes me want to get out my pencil and paper. We've been unacquainted for so long I don't even know if my eyes and hands will know what to do.

Your sketches are fabulous!

stefanie stark said...

Lovely sketches! The kitchen looks so cozily. I found your blog in the Sunday Sketches and I also looked at your children's illustrations. They are beautiful!!!

Stefano said...

Wonderful sketching!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates