Earlier as I was drawing this I thought about how much I enjoy working in this fashion sketchbook. I have loved drawing clothes, shoes, jewelry etc but let's face it I don't have an unlimited supply of these items at some point my wardrobe is going to be completed. How would I be able to continue doing what I love?
Other people's stuff. How would it be to draw other people's outfits and accessories? When I draw my clothes I add my personal thoughts. If I were to draw their items would I include their comments or just draw the objects? Would the pages have the same impact without those insights? How would I even go about doing such a thing? Would anyone even want drawings like this? I don't know. For now I'll enjoy the artistic ride, muse along the way and see where it takes me.
What I'm Wearing
Dress Speechless
Other people's stuff. How would it be to draw other people's outfits and accessories? When I draw my clothes I add my personal thoughts. If I were to draw their items would I include their comments or just draw the objects? Would the pages have the same impact without those insights? How would I even go about doing such a thing? Would anyone even want drawings like this? I don't know. For now I'll enjoy the artistic ride, muse along the way and see where it takes me.
What I'm Wearing
Dress Speechless
Shoes American Eagle
Necklace Merona

4 comments:
I really like your drawings, Mary. I would love it if you drew one of my outfits and put in your comments - I wouldn't be offended (even if you said nasty things, hee hee).
Anyway, the offer's there. I think it would be neat! :)
I love how your sketches look 3D :) Awesome! And I love that pattern.
Mary, I'm loving your fashion illustrations!! I'd love to see you do an illustration from Sheila's wardrobe. She's a favorite!!
Very nice page! I love the bracelet, the lettering and the abstract way you placed the pattern on the dress.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!