![]() |
| Going for a ride |
Let's start by saying, "I love books for art." The way it feels when I hold it, hug it, carry it from place to place. Much more committed than loose papers. Page flipping through past books showed me the progress I've made and how a bad page slows the desire to return. Entire weeks were skipped between a bad drawing and a new better one. As if somehow the only way I could return was with something strong to overcome the failure.
My solution?
I started with two artsy shopping treats for myself (total under $10) A spiral bound sketch diary I really like to hold and a colorful multi-pack of pens that feel great in my hand. I took them home and promised myself to keep them together as a set. Any random page is flipped open on the sketch diary as the cover, always. I get the desire to draw all the time. It calls to me in that way that every artist understands. It feels wonderful.
I made a note inside the cover so no one thinks it is just a blank book, "Sketches are located throughout this book in random order, for the sake of having no beginning and no end."

1 comment:
'Having no beginning and no end' I love that, great idea!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!