Ads 468x60px

Lions, Tigers, Bears, That Squirrel, Oh My! Mixed Media Painting

For a milestone blog post #700 I've created a family zoo moment.  This rings so true of my children!  I remember taking my eldest daughter to the county zoo and seeing her amazement at the squirrel eating peanut butter and jelly scraps found in the trash.  It's nothing against the zoo animals but how cool is a little critter eating people food?  Way cool!  Made with watercolor paint, oil pastels, gel pen and India ink.  Check out more Mixed Media paintings.


Shared with Paint Party Friday Art Journal Every Day

17 comments:

Dan Kent said...

This is a fun painting! It really captures the feeling that I have had with kids at the zoo. I like the way the children hold up their hands, and the pattern in the back.

ann @ Whimsyville said...

I love the subject - great painting - Happy ppf !

Mary C. Nasser said...

Cute zoo moment, Mary!
Fabulous colors, too!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Carolyn Dube said...

What a great way to capture that memory!

Tracey FK said...

that is way to cute... and such wonderful colours and lines in there... very engaging...xx

Marji said...

700!? Holy moly - what an achievement. Congratulations and lovely artwork in celebration.

Anne Manda said...

Congratulations on 700 posts! Fun and sweet illustration with wonderful colors!

Lynn Cohen said...

Love the kids!

Netty said...

Loving your latest illustration. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Linda Kunsman said...

this is such a sweet memory!!

Giggles said...

Wonderful way to preserve a memory...so adorable!!

Hugs Giggles

Victoria said...

So very beautiful..and I love that little squirrel..enchanting and fun and full of whimsy..beautifully done!!
Victoria
Happy SS!

Anonymous said...

Delightful and adorable ^_^

Unknown said...

Love the painting and story that goes with it. Children are funny. love the way they think :)

Tammie Lee said...

I could have that sign in my yard, but it would read: lions, wolves and bears, beware

such a cute piece.

Ivy said...

Lions, tigers, bears...oh my, how sweet this is! HPPF!

EVA said...

A lovely journal page! Talking small children to the zoo is such a great experience for all.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates