Ads 468x60px

Mixed Media Painting Sleeping Gnome Home and the Doll Shoe Caper

I loved the story that played out in this painting as it came together in my mind.  As little girls how often have we lost our doll shoes?  My daughters picked out their first fashion dolls the other day and the childhood memories came flooding back.  How different they are, my first doll was a Western Cowgirl theirs are more of a young adult pop star.  Now what is this gnome going to do with all these shoes he has found around the yard?  Created with a ripped paper gesso canvas, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, india ink, copic markers and gel pen.

Shared with Paint Party Friday Art Journal Every Day  A Favorite Thing

23 comments:

Elena said...

This is so great Mary ! Love the colors!

Claudine said...

How funny that the new dolls now a days are so different from what we played with as children. My dolls always had their matching shoes, I was always so organized with my doll outfits and matching shoes. Lol

Anonymous said...

What an imaginative piece! I like all the shoes, such a lot of detail.

Ivy said...

OH how fun! I love the girl's expression and the little gnome is so cute! HPPF!

bellefrogworks said...

Your painting is lovely and so imaginative - love the texture from the ripped paper

Mary C. Nasser said...

So adorable, Mary!
Love the story this painting tells.
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Tracey FK said...

This image needs no words at all... would love to hear the stories that children would come up with after looking at this...xx

Giggles said...

Very imaginative... great color too. Yes we had way different doll from kids today!!

Hugs Giggles

denthe said...

Oh, this is so cute! that gnome is adorable ...

Lisa Lynn said...

Love it! Found you on A Favorite Thing! I would love to have you share this tomorrow on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Kicking it off on Superbowl Sunday...
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

Netty said...

Wonderfully cute and loving the great colours. Happy PPF, Annette x

Faye said...

Little girls growing up, it's a dear thing. I like your collage/painting very much

rrARTz said...

i love this! great colors!

Claudia said...

Such a neat idea for a painting!

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

janice smith said...

Oh, what a wonderful image! I always wondered what happened to all those tiny little shoes. Our dolls always had mis-matched footwear. This is a great idea for a painting and it's very well executed! Have a great week! XO janice

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

Is he going into the shoe business? lol Fun piece and well done. HPPF

debra @ homespun said...

This is lovely! So...do you think the gnomes have stolen all the socks lost in the laundry over the years ?

Susy said...

Your artwork is beautiful ~ like Folk Art. I love that you gather your inspiration from snapshots of sweet and simple life.

Linda Kunsman said...

what atruly delightful illustration Mary!!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I adore your artwork, so charming!

Happy week to you!

aimee said...

oh, delightful! i love the texture and colors!

Haworth said...

What a sweet painting, Mary, and such a nice memento of a sweet milestone in your girls' childhood. As for that thieving gnome, he has quite a collection of "lost" doll shoes!!

Carin Winkelman said...

That is just lovely. Well done!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates