Ads 468x60px

Oh Happy Day Mixed Media Painting

She's hugging away on her balloon.  Inspired from seeing my daughter hug her birthday balloon and realizing how tiny she really was behind that huge balloon.  I love recording my memories through art.  Ripped page gesso canvas with watercolor pencils, stamps, india ink pens and gel pen.




Shared with Paint Party Friday

17 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

Very cute!

Elena said...

This is so sweet Mary! Kids can always bring out the best (or the worst) in us!

Terri said...

What a wonderful way to remember her day and to record it for her. Great page.

Ginny said...

What an adorable painting to remember a special day. I love this!!!

Jane said...

Absolutely lovely, Mary - joyful, and what a great way to keep those memories.

Mary C. Nasser said...

What wonderful birthday joy!!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF and Happy Holidays!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Susan said...

A wonderful memory frozen in time. Delightful! Happy PPF and Holidays

froebelsternchen said...

what beautiful Mixed Mediy Piece!
wish you a wonderful christmastime and a healthy and sucessfull new year and a big hug from
FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

Jennifer Edwards said...

I love the memory behind this sweet piece of art! A Very Merry Christmas to you Mary!

carol l mck said...

Adorable and best message ever ~ Happy Holidays ~ ^_^

(A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

denthe said...

Oh, so sweet! I can just se her standing there! Hope you'll have wonderful holidays, and that the new year will be filled with creativity and joy! ♥ denthe

Lynn Cohen said...

Sweet! Art and memory and daughter! HPPF!

Anne Manda said...

So cute and adorable! Love the patterns and colors of this and the idea of recording memories through art!

emily kelton said...

The joy shines through this! Wonderful way to remember this moment!

Clare Lloyd said...

a great page. happy xmas. x

JKW said...

So many things to see and feel. I love the mixed media because it adds so much more emotion. Blessings, Janet PPF

Alex said...

This is way too cute, and lovely! :) I heart this one too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates