I enjoyed creating the character for this letter so much that I decided to make two a male and a female. Letter E so these two are exercising elephants wearing earphones. I drew the line work last night but was too tired to add the color. It worked out better that way since I'm still a little high strung from a busy day.
Today was preschool open house for Isabelle which she loved, I should have known she would. Afterward we had to run around and take care of errands. When we got back instead of settling down I got going with the laundry that I let pile up a bit in anticipation of today.
I don't know about you but for me before a special event that I'm nervous about I will let other areas of my life go while I obsess over the future event. I could lie and say it's because I'm busy planning but it's just my head work playing out scenarios about how it's going to go. It's one of my many idiosyncrasies that's happily neurotic. That's me and my huge pile of stinky laundry. Which now I have to get back to because the dryer is singing my praises.
See more Alphabet Inspired characters
Today was preschool open house for Isabelle which she loved, I should have known she would. Afterward we had to run around and take care of errands. When we got back instead of settling down I got going with the laundry that I let pile up a bit in anticipation of today.
I don't know about you but for me before a special event that I'm nervous about I will let other areas of my life go while I obsess over the future event. I could lie and say it's because I'm busy planning but it's just my head work playing out scenarios about how it's going to go. It's one of my many idiosyncrasies that's happily neurotic. That's me and my huge pile of stinky laundry. Which now I have to get back to because the dryer is singing my praises.
See more Alphabet Inspired characters


12 comments:
What beautiful drawings. You have real skill.
I also imagine all possible scenarios in advance of a big event. It's funny how our brains can do that.
Love the elephants and can so relate to the procrastination when preoccupied by an upcoming event.
xoxo
Hi Mary,
I love all your animal portraits. I just got finished looking at them and they're all great. You really capture their likeness in the faces.
I love it! great idea!
Hi Mary, nice to meet you. I envy your ability to draw. I can't draw for the life of me although I have taken classes to learn how. I guess lots of practice would get me there but I am preoccupied with so many other things including blogging. I am following along with you too...going to check out more of your art. dawn suitcase vignettes xo
What a cute drawing to delight young childlren!
Thanks for deciding to follow my blog! Hope you come often.
I am nuts about ellies and raffies too. Happy PPF from across the pond.
I love all of these! They're clever, cute, and well done! nancy
Hi Mary - very cute - love the bee in the pocket! Linda
Hi,thanks for stopping by my blog. I sure wish I had your talent for art. Your drawings/illustrations are great. Do you make your own Christmas cards?
Fabulous elephants :) good imagination for this cute little character :)
fabulous series. so cute!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!