Ads 468x60px

Travel Sketchbook Casa Sofian Botosani Romania

It's Friday and for me that means sharing my Travel Sketchbook destination this week.  We went to Romania thanks to NatashaMay for her help this week.  The Casa Sofian Botosani is a magnificent building that is tragically falling to internal disrepair.  The people want to keep it for the historic value but the funding for it isn't available therefore they've put it on the auction block.

17 comments:

Alison xx said...

Looks like a fantastic building, I hope that it will be saved. A xx

Jen said...

Great drawing, its like a wonderful building hope whoever buys it can afford to restore it.
Jen x

abby j said...

Beautiful sketch, Mary...well done!

Hugs,
abby

APG Jamie said...

lovely job <3

San @ Made in Hem said...

Can't we artists buy this together and hold retreats in it all year through?
It looks so wonderful and mysterious. Wouldn't it be great to wander around and sketch and paint some? :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful sketch! I got impatient this week and altered a photo (sketching was taking too long!)

I hate to see old buildings fall apart. Hope this one can be saved.

peggy gatto said...

charming sketch and lovely details!

Kaylene said...

Great sketch and I hope the building is saved.

Darcy Marshall said...

very nice, such a shame that there is no money to save it. Hopefully someone will buy it and repair it.

Janet said...

Wonderful sketch. Such a shame no one has the money to restore these beautiful buildings.

Janet xx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Wonderful castle sketch! :)

Joanna said...

Lovely sketch, perfect for the Romanian theme.

Cindy D. said...

Wow, wonderful building sketch. It has a lot of character. Those roof details are really neat. The Viking Village restaurant is really nice, too. Now I want to draw some neat buildings. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a place I'd like to visit. This is a great way to keep your drawing skills sharp!

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous sketch! I hope the story of the building has a happy ending.

gottahavemoxie said...

What a gorgeous building, your drawing is fantastic. I really love the doorway and window frames.

Tracey FK said...

just gone back and looked at your last few posts and I love your work... this sketch is my favourite though... so happy to be following now so that I don't miss out on any more of your wonderful work...xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates