Ads 468x60px

Iceland Hafnarfjorour Viking Village Restaurant

Got up before the sun this morning that doesn't happen very often.  The perfect opportunity to jump on the blog and share the most recent page in my travel sketchbook we took our virtual trip this week to Iceland.  This is the Viking Village Restaurant it is full of rich carved wood interior details.  In the drawing the unusual shapes on the building eaves are dragon heads, no really they are.   I was in the throws of fast sketching and they obscured pretty badly.  My favorite part of this piece is the viking warrior statue at the front of the building.

14 comments:

San @ Made in Hem said...

What a fun restaurant to look at with the warrior in front and the dragon-heads on the roof. Does make me wonder what's on their menu??? ;)
Great sketch!!! ♥

APG Jamie said...

Very cool. I'm with Sandra ^ what's on the menu...roast of some sort I'm pretty sure ;-p

xoxo

Granny Gee said...

This is my favourite sketch yet...looks like a fairytale kingdom :D XXX

Joanna said...

What an interesting postcard. Mmmmm, a Viking Village restaurant. I wonder what goes on in there?!

mags21 said...

a lovely sketch..Just a place for elves. see my postcard...

Anonymous said...

No fair - now I want to go there! Great sketch!

WrightStuff said...

I'm thinking about food now... something with fish naturally!

Darcy Marshall said...

ooo what a great building, you captured some really great details.

Margaret said...

I love your sketch, so many tiny details, fab! M

Halle said...

Wonderful sketch! I've visited a Norwegian stavekike in South Dakota that has the dragon head and ornate carvings. They are truly magnificent.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love your viking village. :) I wish I would think of drawing a viking for mine. :)

kazumiwannabe said...

Cool place for a virtual trip, and a very fine drawing!

Jen said...

Great sketch and like you I went for a warrior statue. Super postcard.
Jen x

Jen said...

Wonderful drawing. Such a unique and unusual building brilliantly depicted in your sketch.

Janet xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates