Ads 468x60px

Travel Sketchbook Ottawa Canada

03-09-2012  For this week's Travel Sketchbook we went to Canada.  This is nice in real life because I could drive to this country within a day from where I live if I so chose.  For the sake of this virtual trip I drew the Ottawa capital building.  It appealed to me with the pride filled country flags blowing in the front as well as the overall length and layout of the building itself.

14 comments:

San @ Made in Hem said...

Wish I was so close to Canada!
Love your sketch, the building looks very majestic and rich. It's beautiful! ♥

Janet said...

Lovely sketch of a very impressive building. The flags blowing in the breeze are perfect.

Janet xx

APG Jamie said...

beautiful rendering, the green grass really makes that Canadian Flag flutter <3

abby j said...

Well done...beautiful sketch!!

xox,
Abby

Alison xx said...

Great sketch. I love your flags, I can almost feel them moving in the wind. A xx

Granny Gee said...

Fabulous image...great depth in the piece :D XXX

Leialoha said...

Aloha Mary...FABulous sketch of the Ottawa Capital Building...and I agree...the flags do look like they are moving...fantastique.

Kathleen said...

I recognized the building right off! My cousin's husband is the art curator there. Wonderful job!

mags21 said...

a great card. love the movement in the flags.

miniroses (Rose) said...

love your sketches and how they are so recognizable. I wish I could do half as well!

Margaret said...

Love your sketch, great atmosphere with the flags fluttering in the wind! M

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous! Love that you used color in this drawing. :)

serendipity said...

Lovely card, the flags are waving so cheerily
Jan

Jen said...

Great sketch and the flags are a perfect touch.
Jen x

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates