Ads 468x60px

Travel Sketchbook Brussels Belgium

This weeks Travel Sketchbook destination was Belgium.  I chose to research Brussels this is a quick sketch of their bi-yearly event Flower Carpet this was the 2010 carpet the next event is scheduled for August 2012.  Constructed of Begonias and ranging as large as 538 feet by 137 feet and placed in front of their Grand Palace.

18 comments:

APG Jamie said...

it's beautiful I can almost smell all the richness

San @ Made in Hem said...

What a lovely sketch! The coloring is just right! ♥

Alison xx said...

Great card, this festival must be wonderful to see. A xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

love your colours you really captured the fountain and water..

dx

Joanna said...

Love the colours of this sketch. Really pretty.

Jen said...

Lovely postcard. That must be quite a sight to see that number of flowers. Have heard of this festival but never seen it.
Jen x

Margaret said...

You have such a great eye for detail, love your sketch and the colours are fab M

Fotojoy/Joyce said...

OMG as the saying goes...Great minds think alike- I choose the same matter see my posting for my Tapis de Fleurs-
BTW I like how you included the fountain.

Halle said...

Lovely sketch. The fountain is a nice touch!

Janet said...

A lovely postcard. Are they marigolds I can see. Love your fountain.

Janet xx

Granny Gee said...

Oow I can almost smell that carpet, lovely sketch :D XXX

gottahavemoxie said...

Very beautiful sketch! The fountain you did is awesome.

Leialoha said...

Aloha...so Beautiful...gorgeous colors...I do love fountains...mahalo for sharing this.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

It's so much fun finding out new stuff about the countries we visit each week. :) I had no idea about this flowr carpet. Looks fantastic! :)

Darcy Marshall said...

great drawing, i would love to see the flower carpet.

Unknown said...

Mary I love this drawing. What a great building. I can just imagine being in one of the windows and watching the flower carpet being made. Imagine the smells that would waft up hey? *smiles* Norma

manomij said...

Your drawings are just so lovely, so bright and cheerful!

Cynthia said...

would love to see these carpets. great drawing and so colorful. love the way you created the buildings as well.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates