Ads 468x60px

Weeping Flower Mixed Media Painting

Where has the time gone?  It doesn't seem so long ago that I started blogging and here we are 641 posts later.  I do enjoy coming here and sharing with you almost as much as I like visiting your blogs.  It's a habit for me now popping from place to place seeing what everyone is creating.  The "Show Me What You Got" art linkup is wonderful and familiar faces returning makes me happy.  I find art to be intoxicating and seeing other's creativity gets my mind sparking too.  We artists have a wonderful internet community and I'm enamored to be a part of it.  As for the art it's ripped paper and gesso with a million dabs wipes and repeats of acrylic sprays (love the final runny effect) watercolor pencil, colored pencil and India ink.



Shared with Paint Party Friday

17 comments:

Linda Richardson said...

to me your flower looks like its dripping with water (or sweat) in the hot sun! But that could be just because I'm so hot! xo L.

Tracey FK said...

that runny effect is great and the movement in the flower is very cool... glad the link up is gaining momentum... I will have to get my act together and visit it and play along soon...xx

denthe said...

Love the flow in this and the background is wonderful. So true what you are saying about the artist internet community...

Alex said...

I love it!

Ginny said...

I love the background on this piece. I keep going back and looking at it. I am really drawn to the colors.

The support and inspiration I get from all of the artists on the internet has been incredible.

carol l mck said...

Lovely energetic creation ~ Wonderful ^_^

(A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

Abela said...

What original and fun. Saludos

soulbrush said...

Oh wow I adore this piece. I have been blogging for 5 years and it seems like yesterday.Happy PPF.

Mary C. Nasser said...

I agree...I've loved getting to know artists through Paint Party Friday.
Wonderfully expressive floral painting this week, Mary!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Netty said...

This is great, especially loving the background.
Happy PPF, Annette x

kristin maynes said...

I agree with Ginny...love the background! I also agree with you about the Art community. It's really an amazing thing. So thankful to be part of it! Happy PPF!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, the flower looks like she is sweating from dancing hard! Is this how 2012 has been for you? Dancing hard with your creativity?

Unknown said...

Lucy Chen that's an interesting insight you might be right!

Linda Kunsman said...

Fantastic depth and movement to this piece-I love how the flower just pops off the background!! Lovely posting too-I feel the same as you do. Happy PPF!

sharon said...

Love the flower, the contrast between the background and the flower really bring it to life. You are so right, I have only been blogging 5 months and my art has moved forward at a fast pace thanks to the supportive comments.

Lynn Cohen said...

They are tears to me, after horrible tragedy in CT. Fitting, even if you did it before the crime was committed?

Unknown said...

beautiful background and that weeping flower is so evocative. Thank you and happy belated PPF!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates