Ads 468x60px

Winter Pretend Play Snow Bride Mixed Media Painting

Finally willing to accept that winter is here I've painted a winter scene.  Thinking back on dress up and make believe adventures of childhood.  This little snow bride is being married by the parson snowman and her faithful witness bird friend.  Let your imagination decide which stuffed animal she has brought along to be her groom.  I really enjoy reminiscent scenes of playtime.  Made with Gesso ripped paper canvas, acrylic paint, colored pencils, watercolors and India ink.  I hope everyone had a wonderful winter holiday this week.



Shared with Paint Party Friday

20 comments:

Anne Manda said...

Sweet and cute! Love the colors of the snow!

Ritu Dua said...

Oh this is so very cute ...The bride is gorgeous and the story is interesting too !! have a magical 2013 :)

Carolyn Dube said...

How beautiful to have a wedding in the bright white snow! Looking back at childhood is such fun! The parson is my favorite!

WrightStuff said...

I love that Parson Brown is marrying them!

Linda Kunsman said...

this is just darling!I absolutely love your yellow and blue shading-fantastic Mary! Happy PPF

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a sweet winter scene! :)
Lovely!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF and Happy New Year!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Ivy said...

Oh, I just love this...your little bride and the snowman...how fun and sweet all at the same time. Happy PPF and Happy New Year!

Terri said...

This is so cute. It makes me smile!

Unknown said...

Dear Mary. Your art is so good, positive, very inspiring and creative. You have got fantastic ideas for your work. I am very impressed. Also your webpage is....awesome. Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year

carol l mck said...

Adorable creation ~ love her expression and the snowman's 'cool attitude' look ~ delightful!

Happy New Year to You ~ A Creative Harbor aka ~ ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

Lynn Cohen said...

Interesting couple. Cute art! HPPF!

Dan Kent said...

This is adorable! She seems Indian. I thought she was marrying the owl until you set me straight. Happy New Year!

HeARTworks said...

Having no snow here in the Philippines, I only recently found out that snowflakes really come in those wonderful unique shapes! Winter must be magical. No wonder you're so inspired! Patsy

Molly said...

Great recaptured moment from childhood. You've perfectly captured her excited expression!

Unknown said...

Mi piace moltissimo la tua sposina d'inverno con gli occhi grandi!!
Buon anno!
Bellalullo

nanke's stuff said...

Quite a jolly little piece! Happy New Year!! nancy

Unknown said...

Bellalullo wrote, "I love your bride in winter with big eyes! Happy new year!" Once I translated your Italian I understood Thank You and Happy New Year!

JKW said...

Love the owl and the cute bride. Unique painting. Blessings, Janet PPF Happy New Year

Alex said...

nicee!! very cute and I like it! Happy New year!

Ginny said...

I love paintings like this. They remind me of simple happy times.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates