Ads 468x60px

Little Chocolate Book With My Art Inspiring Words

Instead of going crazy stressing that I haven't been making great art I gave myself permission to have fun.  My "little chocolate book" is filled with pages overflowing with art inspiring words that I've written over the course of the last two years.  I love that they're not serious and maybe something bigger will come from this play exercise.  All I can do is lube up the engine with steady activity.


"Comforts" for List It Tuesday

1. A pile of art books on my lap while I sit in the back yard on the lawn chair in the sun reading them


2. Cup of tension tamer, sleepytime or peppermint tea depending on what the moment calls for

3. The moment when the pen tip hits the paper for the first line of a drawing that I know is going to be a good one

4. Driving 70 mph windows down hair blowing in the wind with the radio cranked to something crunchy and loud (Godsmack, Stone Sour, Theory of a Deadman etc)

5. Happy daughters

12 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

So sweet! Nothing like a chocolate book to make your mouth water. :)

Anonymous said...

A little chocolate book is sweet indeed...beautiful drawings and thoughtful list. Tension tamer tea and grinding loud rock music, such polar opposites...love it!

aimee said...

Sign me up for all of these!! Fab list! And thanks for the topic idea next week... I am so terrified of my junk drawer!

Anonymous said...

oh i completely agree! except, for me, 4 would be riding a motorbike, not a car. not a fan of cars :)

Textile Recycler said...

Love the art work! I agree with the pile of art books too.

Unknown said...

Sweet list and cute illustrations. A Chocolate book...yum!

Tara Holmes said...

Peppermint tea...yummy!! Thanks for sharing :)

35jupe said...

Beautiful and fun illustrations! And love the idea of a pile of art books. And tea. And wind in one's hair!

Great list.

storybeader said...

Happy daughters sound essential, esp. if they're young. I love getting my Art Journaling magazine, and sitting down to read them! I need to get a subscription! {:-Deb

Anonymous said...

Great list. I love the drawings!

Unknown said...

Nice list!!The best is happy daughters:)

Unknown said...

A cup of tea or anything hot is definitely a small comfort! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates