Ads 468x60px

Settled on a Petal in a Quiet Part of the Yard

I've been spending the last few days decorating and setting up the art cottage.  It's a 10 x 10 kit shed.  My husband built it, added insulation, paneling, and carpet.  I put up curtains on three of the four walls to add color and texture plus it softened up the small space.  The girls and I found second hand a wicker settee for seating that they can enjoy and a kitchen island that will work well as an art desk.  We picked up a small shelf and a few art pieces for the walls at the local department store.  All that is left now is finding a shallow storage cabinet to safely store supplies in.  I've already begun using the space to create.  This is a watercolor lily and butterfly that I drew and really enjoyed painting.




Shared with Paint Party Friday. Link Love
Sunday Sketches

22 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely, will you post pictures of your little art nest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of an art cottage. I've thought about getting one of those sheds, but I'm not sure if I want to be away from the rest of the family like that. But then again, what am I saying?? :) Your lily is so transparent and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautifully delicate painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colours and art work all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a lovely watercolor Mary. You must be so excited to have a new art space! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Head Krazy... I hope you'll post pics! Good luck with the installation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty butterfly on that lily. Looking forward to seeing them both. Happy PPF. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely you will surely enjoy the new space!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting, I just love butterflies! I just turned my spare bedroom into an art studio and love having all of my supplies in one spot with space to create! You'll have to post pics of your new studio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice, your flower and butterfly foreshadow and spring. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I so envy you your own art space, must be fab. Loving your beautiful watercolour painting.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous flower! And charming butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful artwork, your new art space sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! I've been begging for an art shed. So fun!! What a great watercolor flower you've created!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely soft watercolour, good luck with moving into your new art cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You art cottage sounds just devine! I hope you post some pictures of it!
    Your painting is just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, this is a very lovely, beautiful painting. I LOVE butterflies, too, and it's such a lovely accent to your flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely think I need a little art cottage! That is too cool! Great painting Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh lilies and watercolour you cant go wrong HPPF Dxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates