Ads 468x60px

Saving Memories With Art

01-01-2013 I lived life differently today. I said yes to sloppy comfortable clothes and no to chores. I watched movies that were old and still kind of funny. I sat still long enough to feel the couch under my butt. I lived.  It was a good day to be me.

When it was time to tuck our daughters in Isabelle asked me to stay a little longer with her at that moment I realized how completely blessed I am.  Tonight I explained how I used to hold her in bed cradled in my arm when she was a tiny baby and how it still feels just as good now to hold her as it did then.  I drew an art journal page to help recapture what technology failed to do for us.

Shared with Art Journal Every Day

6 comments:

  1. This is really very sweet and I love how you captured your memory when the phone failed. I love technology, but drawing or painting our memories has a beautiful magic all their own. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I find it hard as well to stop in one place during the day. It is one of my aims for 2013 - happy new year mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet day, and what a sweet story! I agree that art you can hold in your hands, or a written journal, is better than their techno counterparts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh! I love that Mary! What a beautiful memory you have captured!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your art and your musings.
    --Dina G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this painting. So sweet what a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates