Ads 468x60px

Education Moving Into the Future

Sometimes when I make a meditative doodle my feelings are intense or my thoughts are racing.  These work to calm and center.  During this session I was very deep in thought regarding our daughter's education.  After a four month trial with public preschool we decided to sign her out.  I've planned her educational needs based on her level of knowledge.  She is talented and I'm confident that one on one attention will help her to thrive.  Does anyone else home school and if so are there any great education resources online or local groups in New Jersey that you would suggest?

3 comments:

  1. I love this doodle. Something about the composition + colours really speak to me! Good luck with home schooling. I have often thought about doing it, but i am dyslexic and i cant imagine trying to teach them spelling + grammar correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    We are in our sixth year of homeschooling. (And our last, as my son will be in 9th grade next year and wants to do highschool at public school). The early years are very simple. Play, play and more play. Art projects, science experiments, nature walks, field trips. The first thing you should do is look up the homeschool regulations for New Jersey. If they are anything like NY, they are a bit on the stringent side, but don't let that overwhelm you. It's never as complicated as it first seems, and the school district is usually more than happy to work with you and answer any questions. You could google for homeschool groups in your area. We are in a very rural area, and didn't have many choices. If you are not Christian, it may be a bit harder to find a group, as many homeschoolers are. But it can be done. Another good thing to research is homeschooling styles. There are many! We were/are relaxed, eclectic, interest-led home-schoolers, with a touch of unschooling. If you have any questions feel free to email me at staciemknapp@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my doodles were meditative like yours. Mine give me a headache. :) Love the colors scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates