Ads 468x60px

Draw a Part of a Bicycle

This bike was a gift from my family for Christmas no they're not hinting for me to excercise more it was my idea.  It's cute and all grown up.  I used to love riding BMX bikes and it was hard to let go of that style.  At least the rims are red.  I asked my husband to choose the part of the bike to draw and of course he picked the hardest part.  I refused to let it get me down.  When my inner critic lifted her big head and started mumbling her opinions I latched the door and shut her out.  My only challenge was commiting to solid lines otherwise for a ten minute sketch it's pretty good.

EDM 35

11 comments:

  1. Great drawing in 10 minutes, with all the intricate bits on a bike, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that was definitely the most difficult part of the bike that your husband chose! Well done for sticking with it (I think I would have given up after 30 seconds).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a great drawing in ten minutes. I also waneted a bike but I did not get it. I guess I will have to buy it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 10 minutes drawings because they force you to get only the essentials. This is a really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty darned good for 10 minutes! I like the way you suggested the spokes without drawing all of them.

    Go ahead -- blame your husband, we're used to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right on! This was for your enjoyment and it looks just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your drawing is awesome, Mary, and what a great Christmas gift. Now you can take your sketchbook on your bike rides and sketch in the open. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love drawings, paintings and photographs of bikes. Have one in the rafters of our garage and haven't ridden it in years..bad knees..you did a great job as they are really hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sketch, very difficult subject too (well for me anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun fun fun! The bicycle looks fun, and I do miss riding around :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary , Oh my you said BMX my 2 girls raced bikes when they was 5 and 9 we lived in Calif and it started in small track with a guy that runn the bike shop and just git big and your Bike is so good you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates