Ads 468x60px

Robin with a White Mask

12-09-2012 I was a little bummed because I couldn't get my camera to see the bird the way my eyes could and then I remembered that I can draw what I see.  I've never seen a robin like this before.  Maybe it's a different type passing through or an older one.  It didn't stay with the other robins it preferred to be with the mourning doves.  If he is an older bird maybe hanging out with the plump doves made him safer since predators would want the bigger specimen instead. 



























List It Tuesday Objects from our Kitchen Junk Drawer

1. Various papers of little importance that become important the second they are misplaced
2. Scrap paper and pens to write down phone numbers that will probably be thrown away
3. Flashlight if the electric goes off in the middle of the night but usually used to gaze into mouths and ears
4. Calculator for figuring out what can't be done in our heads
5. Loose change which gets cashed in and used for lottery when it gets over $400 million


Art shared with Sunday Sketches

19 comments:

  1. Sweet sketch! Love this kind of nature observation sketches, they remind me of "natural philosophy" of past times... more personal than taking a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your art journal? I need to start one of those...and your masked robin is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen one like this either!! Nice sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a robin like this either, but I love how you drew it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a lovely robin and I laughed at you remembering that you could draw what you see rather than photograph it because I do that all the time as well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that first sentence... i love it so much... if we could only all remember that we have it in us to use our hands to record what we see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting robin. And yes, the very second you throw that paper away it will become important. Love that your flashlights are used for their proper but unintentional purposes : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the bird. So pretty!

    And I love what you're doing with your change! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty birdie! Those pens that are in my junk drawer never work. I have a hard time throwing away pens... {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I just wasted a bit of money on the recent BIG lottery myself...had to be done. Can't win if you don't play, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Several people seem to keep loose change in their junk drawers - not me....it's in my car in case I have to pay to park or a quick run through McDonalds or something! Great drawing....visiting from ListIt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh,I've got my fingers crossed on the big Lotto win for you! Then you can make beautiful artwork all day long :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool Robin and love the contents of the junk drawer... all our loose change goes in a jar for Phantom's bank account but now I am thinking we should be using it for the lottery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job capturing this little robin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmm.... i wonder if birds go grey like we do? :-) your sketch is better than a photo would have been!

    i can definitely relate to your list-- the minute i throw paperwork away i'll end up needing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, Re: Your #1 list item: Yeah, what is it about papers that become urgently important the minute you misplace them? It's happened to me time and again and with things non-paper too.

    Nice drawing of the robin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates