Ads 468x60px

Up Up and Away

While you were a child did you ever look at the balloon vendor at the circus and imagine that you could fly if you held the entire bunch?  I did, that's where the inspiration came from for this piece.  I did the rip and gesso canvas that I love so much lately.  Then drew on lines added watercolor paint and  finished up all the final details with colored pencil, oil pastels and gel pens. 

For anyone that is wondering about the catch it in a bowl random art project I mentioned it rained and the bowl didn't get put out.  However I have no intention of quitting on the idea.  I've decided to wait until the leaves here in New Jersey completely start to turn.  I'm hoping for the best possible subjects and I'm really looking forward to doing it.  If you want to join me from your part of the world drop me an email  and let me know when and where you will be posting your art.  Creativity is always more fun with other artists.




























Shared with Paint Party Friday

21 comments:

  1. Lovely illustration Mary. The layers have a beautiful effect to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it :) it's so cheerful and makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable and UPLIFTING piece in every sense of the word! it would look beautiful in a kid's room or an art studio!

    I live in New Jersey too :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely happy piece, it would make a good illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece. I love it alot, is full of energy and looks like an illustrated story for kids.
    One more reason to love your piece!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,this is exciting and so lovely! It would be fun to see the next "cel" to see if his pants stay on or not! Love the expression on his face. He's having fun, just as you were when you painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific illustration, full of joy and wonder. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me think of the movie UP - such a fun idea to fly away with a balloon. Lovely work. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a playful piece! I love the perspective of the ground! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece. Makes me happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have captured that moment perfectly and love the background... it really makes it come together...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet and delightful piece, love the texture! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So joyful and fun!! Pretty piece!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree...Creativity is always more fun with other artists!
    Delightful art this week, Mary!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet! I like how it looks like he might lose his pants in the lift off! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a happy, delightful illustration! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely happy illustration. Very uplifting:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great illustration. Yes, I used to dream of holding a big bunch of balloons and flying. A childhood spent reading Curious George and watching Sesame Street will plant that idea pretty firmly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely and cheerful. It makes me smile ☺

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates