Ads 468x60px

Under My Umbrella Mixed Media

Another installation to the saga of the hurricane.  Recovery time.  The roof has been damaged, big limbs everywhere and our storage shed is completely obliterated.  I made this piece as our roof started to leak only imagining how bad it could be.  The wind was howling and I prayed that it would be ok, that the girls wouldn't wake up frightened and that I could stay calm.  As I painted I started to wonder, "Where would the tiny birds go as their world fell down around them?"




Shared with  Art Journal Every Day

8 comments:

  1. Despite what's going on, it's a pretty piece. I hope the hurricane will subside soon, and everyone effected will be able to get on with their daily lives again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had so much damage from Sandy. Glad you are all safe! Your painting has such bright and happy colors which is in contrast to how you had to be feeling with the wind howling. Trust and faith are perfect words for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the poor birdies... Hope you get the roof repaired quickly. Everything sounds like a long haul. Take care - cute drawing! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things are better! I am watching CNN, some bright spots amidst the darkness- heroes emerging and helping others, just like when we had a super typhoon too here in the Philippines! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you had to experience this storm. Sounds like the kids stayed asleep. You seem so calm in the way you're handling the mess. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the damage :-(
    But a lovely piece of art nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had to experience the storm. Sometimes the loveliest work comes from misfortune. Your background is beautiful and I love the pattern in the house. Best wishes to you during the clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will fix all your griefs and damages as soon as possible.
    Your work is quite nice!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates