Ads 468x60px

Our Art Outdoor Adventure

Beautiful day here in New Jersey.  My oldest daughter Alexis 17 yr old had the day off from school.  I felt like getting sloppy with some art so I surprised them by grabbing supplies and taking her and Aurora 2 yr old out to the shed so we could get messy without worry of wrecking the house.  Let's face it I cleared the space for a workshop we may as well get to use it ONCE right?  It was a little dark and the doors I imagined on the side would have brightened the space right up.  The deck would have been a great place to set our papers out in the sun to dry.  Who cares right?  We got to have fun anyway.

We collected found objects around the yard mostly leaves and sticks and things.  Laid them out on our large sheet of paper and sprayed them with Tshirt spray.  Flipped them over and pressed out the remaining paint.  We then went to work adding patterns and color with water soluble crayons and oil pastels.  Then finished up but adding a final spray coat over the piece to give it a more unified look.



















After today's fun and girly giggles I learned that running away from my family wasn't what I needed from the shed.  I needed a neutral place that didn't need to be cleaned that could be used as an open space to get messy in.  Live and learn.

Shared with Art Journal Every Day  Paint Party Friday  Just Journals



15 comments:

  1. How fun, Mary!
    Great message and complementary color palette! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art piece and a kids dream come true...mom and art supplies!!
    Excellent idea!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to go on a walk, collect fun items and then spray paint them. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Nice work. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had awesome time, sweet! Lovely colors and beautiful message! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story, your journey, your spirit, and this fall creation. Way to be in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love your color choices : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you having fun with your girls! The fun shows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A happy artwork as a result of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to get some creative time and let your girls join in too. I really like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad you had such a nice day with your girls. Beautiful page to memorialize it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun story! Love the colours on your drawing, so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) story and art... great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun event and I love the colors of your piece! Happy belated PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you were Free to Be. Something I need to keep in mind. I do that with the camera, just go down to the canal and take pictures. . . sort of commune with nature. Nice to find another way to do that. Thanks. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. THere is always a space between how I imagine and how I live. Ah well, the resulting page is wonderful and I love that you took action with your girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates