Ads 468x60px

Quiet Art Space

The joy of independent study is I can take what I learn and go in any creative direction I choose without fear of making a mistake.  For this journal spilling lesson I made a drawing game doodle page mostly following lesson instructions and a page expressing a place I would like to be which I went completely in my own direction creating.  And yes I realized after scanning that Breathe has an E at the end I fixed my page but didn't bother to rescan.  Go right hemisphere!

Here are step by step instructions on how I created my Quiet Space page.  Last night I hunted through the craft papers stash and chose colors and patterns that mimic how I feel when I am in my favorite place.  I ripped every piece of paper as I found it, ripping paper is great therapy.  When I felt satisfied that I had piled my way into a happy place I flipped around the paper stack shuffling them into a good assortment.  Like a kid playing with leaves.  I sprayed the journal page with photo spray adhesive and laid out the papers.  Mod Podged the whole thing and went to bed.  Tonight I returned and trimmed the paper edges added words that apply to the space and some doodle decorations.  Done and fun.

See more pages from my art journal



Shared at ABAC Art Journal Every Day

10 comments:

  1. I love your journal page! thank you for joining us at Anything but a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, what a beautiful art journal!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry about the 'e'. You could be holding your 'breath' now you're in a happy place!! Just a thought.
    Great journal page which has a positive feel representing your happy mood. Love the colours and the doodling!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABAC and I hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - the different patterns and colors are so soothing! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal pages! A wonderful quiet space page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely imagery. It's nice to carve out some quiet time this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great journal page! The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pages! I can just see you sitting there ripping and shuffling your papers ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great! Love all the ripped paper layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates