Ads 468x60px

Spectrum of Rose Scents

The picture here is a rose I made the other night I was a little tired so the blending isn't as good as I would have liked but as an exercise I thought it was fair.  The white areas are cut out which gives it this cool real feeling when I hold it.  When I draw roses I think of my Mom.  She loves roses and as a little girl growing up I learned the pleasure of the differing aromas.  She would tell me the name of the rose and insist that I must smell it.  The perfume/soap smell that the stores name "Rose" doesn't capture what naturally occurs in nature.

I spent a portion of today brainstorming a few more alphabet inspired drawings.  Lately my brainstorms are taking place in a lined notebook and usually involve strange little doodles.  Mostly I play around with placement and finding the sweet spots that make the future drawing work best.  I hope to get the final drawings done later this week for letters E, F and G. 

See the earlier Alphabet Inspired art pieces.

* Shirley brought it to my attention that my blog settings were limiting comment ability. I updated the settings and look forward to hearing from visitors who were otherwise unable to comment in the past.




Shared with Paint Party Friday

16 comments:

  1. I think it is a beautifully stylish rose, and don't see a thing wrong with the blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the rose. Velvety and rich. Oh, those real rose smells! Nothing compares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rose drawing is beautiful. My hubby likes to grow roses...and though we're in an apartment now...I can still evoke the beautiful odor of his roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rose is beautiful Mary... just seeing it brings back memories for me too... my nanna had a row of roses for as long as I can remember out the front of her house... and there were often vases of roses scattered throughout her house... and yes... the scents were divine...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rose. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful rose- cutting out the white is brilliant and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done ~ very creative rose ~ love your fine style ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rose!
    Love the variety of lines within it, too!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  9. great painting even if you aren't as pleased with it as you would like... I think it has a lot going for it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this painting, and I agree, rose fragrance does not compare to the real thing at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice story to come along with your nice rose, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!! I think if you take the word verification off you'll get even more comments!! It's often difficult to read the verification word and when visiting many many blogs it makes it even more difficult to stop and comment!! Hope that helps!! Beautiful work!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous. I have been thinking of roses a lot lately. I think it's time for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's pretty! I like that the flower fills the space.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely work pf art...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates