Ads 468x60px

Seagull Down by the Seashore

Would you believe it took 16 markers to make this scene?  For the most part it is a relatively simple layout.  A few jetty rocks and some ocean dancing around.  Oh yes and let's not forget the big 'ol seagull standing smack dab in the center of the page.  I wanted the background to be interesting enough that the viewer would have something relaxing to enjoy.  Hence the importance of color depth and the need for sixteen of them. 

I have to tell you before I go, "Seagull feet are a red violet."  I share this with you because it fascinated me.  For some reason my mind told me that beaks and feet should match on birds.  Nope, they don't.  At least this one didn't.  Maybe only in our favorite childhood cartoons did this rule apply.

See more of my Illustrated Artist Trading Cards

1 comment:

  1. Not a big fan of gulls personally, but this one looks really elegant :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates