Ads 468x60px

Day and Night

These two drawings are complete day and night.  Both drawn for trusting souls that said make anything and surprise me.  To an artist that can be the most exciting and yet horrifying.  The rush of knowing that I have a subject to draw.  The fear of picking something undesirable.

I was lucky, I was able to narrow down the subject matter by looking at their like profiles.  One liked female faces and one liked goofy birds.  Real life art requests (commissions as I've heard them referred to) don't have that kind of window into the mind, but they should. 

A fellow artist suggested looking up the words associated with the requested subject and also to go for a walk and take in my surroundings for inspiration.  Both wonderful ideas, I love great advice.

See more of my Illustrated Artist Trading Cards

Face Forward

Goofy Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates