Ads 468x60px

Tropical Fish Aquarium

04-10-2012  I completed my first big piece of art last night, it measures approximately 11" X 24" and I plan on having it accordion folded into my art journal.   It's an aquarium view to celebrate my fondness of tropical fish environments the next best thing to diving in the coral reef.  I've always enjoyed fish and have had the pleasure of owning them at different times throughout my life but lately I haven't has the desire for the maintenance hassle.  Drawn with Sharpie fine line markers, painted with Koi watercolor paint and highlighted with Uniball gel pen.  This took about 2 weeks worth of hour long sessions in the evening just kind of winding down from the day.  Some nights all I did was pull it out and work on one fish or a piece of coral.  No rush no hassle just slow and steady progress.







11 comments:

  1. I love the way you used color so effectively in this painting. You've truly captured the feeling of a warm, sunny coral reef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I love fish too. It's very calming. I think you should frame it so you can see it all the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome so far! Love the colors and the details

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! So bright and happy. :) I like aquariums but my fish always die. I'm not good at keeping them alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colors! Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! It's just wonderful with all its bright colors. I love the fish peeking out from behind the plant. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I'm glad you added the close-up detail photos. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is marvelous. I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of doing your painting fish by fish, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful! Gorgeous colors, lovely setting, and I share your attraction for fish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates