Ads 468x60px

Iceland Hafnarfjorour Viking Village Restaurant

Got up before the sun this morning that doesn't happen very often.  The perfect opportunity to jump on the blog and share the most recent page in my travel sketchbook we took our virtual trip this week to Iceland.  This is the Viking Village Restaurant it is full of rich carved wood interior details.  In the drawing the unusual shapes on the building eaves are dragon heads, no really they are.   I was in the throws of fast sketching and they obscured pretty badly.  My favorite part of this piece is the viking warrior statue at the front of the building.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun restaurant to look at with the warrior in front and the dragon-heads on the roof. Does make me wonder what's on their menu??? ;)
    Great sketch!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I'm with Sandra ^ what's on the menu...roast of some sort I'm pretty sure ;-p

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite sketch yet...looks like a fairytale kingdom :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting postcard. Mmmmm, a Viking Village restaurant. I wonder what goes on in there?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely sketch..Just a place for elves. see my postcard...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fair - now I want to go there! Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking about food now... something with fish naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo what a great building, you captured some really great details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sketch, so many tiny details, fab! M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sketch! I've visited a Norwegian stavekike in South Dakota that has the dragon head and ornate carvings. They are truly magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your viking village. :) I wish I would think of drawing a viking for mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool place for a virtual trip, and a very fine drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sketch and like you I went for a warrior statue. Super postcard.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful drawing. Such a unique and unusual building brilliantly depicted in your sketch.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates