Ads 468x60px

Draw Your Junk Drawer

04-04-2012  I did the DD365 this morning so I felt as if I had gotten my creative 'snack' already.  This afternoon our littlest daughter decided to nap which is becoming more rare so I took the opportunity to sit down and read.  I read a little Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain by Betty Edwards then picked up Danny Gregory's book which basically pointed out that I could be drawing instead of reading his book.  So I did, and I'm glad.

This is a large drawer in our kitchen to the left is my itty bitty lap top which I am posting to you right now on, love this little thing.  From back to front are re purposed blank disc containers that I store our music CDs inside.  Laptop speakers, Netflix, XBox gun controller accessories and the kids art supplies. 

Those are just some of their supplies, since I'm into art of course they have a dedicated drawer of supplies in my art space.  As a matter of fact one of my daughters just participated in her first Preschoolers Only ATC swap at ATCs for All.  She paints with watercolors and loved mailing her art.  I can't wait to see her face when art mail comes for her.

EDM 310

4 comments:

  1. Nice one! There's some strange level of neatness in your drawer =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you make room for art while raising your young kids and obviously it has rubbed off on them. I've stopped any kind of artist creations in many different stages of my life, including when my kids were young and I wish I'd kept with it more diligently. It's so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great activities and I love your junk drawer sketch. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your junk drawer isn't messy enough! Don't you know how to keep a junk drawer?? lol

    wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates