Ads 468x60px

Yes Dear Mixed Media

01-19-2012  Playing around with some mixed media for fun.  There is a watercolor on the other side of this page that I worried about damaging.  In the end, I was really pleased with how well the paper held up.  It's a Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal. 

I experienced two epic fails but still managed to have fun so I decided to go ahead and share it.  For starters the eyes are shaped strange as the color was being added the difference became more evident.  The other problem came after applying the Liquitex glaze my Uniball pen decided to blur out all over the place.  I patched the pupils with some India ink but the damage is still done throughout the page.

I photographed her at a couple fun angles and zoomed in on her lips just to show her better qualities.  The entire piece was made using patchwork paper pieces, watercolors, Copics markers, Sharpie fine line, Microns and Pitt brushes.  The overall theme of the page was, "Yes Dear."  The word on her butterfly necklace is STRONG and the words in her hairpiece are the definition for Dear.  I like how her attention is focused on the butterfly as if to say, "Hey, get me out of here."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates