Ads 468x60px

Sketchbook Pages from Spain

For this weeks country we visited Spain.  I chose to use the town of Seville as my inspiration destination for this two page spread in my travel sketchbook.  Moleskine with Micron liner pens and Pitt gray brush pens.  For the Alcazar I took it over the left edge on purpose because when I looked at it the gardens just seemed to jump out at me so I wanted to make that a reality.  The cathedral statue was very ornate I lost quite a bit of detail in the sketch.  It was a very attractive piece with the dome roofed backdrop.  The museum has a reflecting pool in front of it but it seemed like unnecessary double work to draw it in so I only mentioned it in the descriptions. 

I hopped everyone elses blog posts for the postcard challenge this morning, they're looking great.  I wanted to post comments a few times but Blogger's comment forms aren't loading correctly.  Hopefully that isn't happening on this page too...


Spain Travel Sketchbook

21 comments:

  1. Great detailing in these sketches.

    I'm able to comment, but I know other bloggers who are experiencing lots of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detailed drawings I love your Travel Sketchbook!

    I am having lots of trouble with posting comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is having a bad week again, I read about it in other blogs too. I didn't have problems yet but I'm using Firefox, maybe that helps?

    I'm stunned by your sketchwork. I like to use lots of colors and feel like B/W would be dull or something... But then I see it somewhere (like here today!) and am completely taken by the detail. ♥ Maybe I should just try it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this style you're doing. Gorgeous sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic sketch, amazing detail, you are very talented! M

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous sketches, love the gates with the lamps on them.

    i find that when i sign into blogger if i leave the 'keep me signed in box ' or 'remember me' box UNCHECKED then it allows me to leave comments, if i tick the box it wont let me leave comments and continually asks me to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was in Seville!, fab card, I like you folk art hex signs too

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful line drawings :D I lost internet connection all together for most of today so playing catch up now lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been having blogger trouble too - I was using IE but switched to Chrome and it's fine now. I love love all the detailing you've captured in this piece - looks like it took a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sketchbook is just wonderful (and of course I had to look at the other art here.) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sketching is amazing, loving your take on the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great. Love the detail and the comfortable pen lines. This is a fun image to look at and get in to. Just enjoyable this is! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful detailed sketches - well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates