Ads 468x60px

Sketchbook Pages from Austria

For the virtual travel sketchbook (postcard challenge button on the right) this week the artists took a trip to Austria.  Drawn with my trusty Microns in ranging sizes and shaded with three Pitt pens.

I chose to start my trip in Retz located in the north western Weinviertel in Lower Austria.  I drew their windmill which is now used as a residential house.  I  then visited the town hall the area is so open inviting with its cobblestone roads that blend seamlessly with sidewalks.  This area was built in the 1500's the cabinet maker that did the carvings inside the town hall worked on them for thirty years.  This angle is viewed while sitting at the water fountain. 

From there I 'traveled' an hour and a half to the Open Air Museum where 80 historical buildings were disassembled from all over the Weinviertl and rebuilt again true to their original construction at Niedersulz.  I drew this inviting place setting in the village.




20 comments:

  1. oh such beautiful drawings, i adore the windmill. i always thought it would be so wonderful to live in a windmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the drawings. Thankyou for taking us on a tour of your 'travels'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sketches, I always figured if I can't live in a lighthouse then a windmill would be pretty good.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sketches...a beautiful place to be :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sketches are brilliant! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely sketches, very atmospheric,

    see you next week

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sketches... And a lovely different take on the challenge... Looking forward to seeing more. C

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really had quite a journey! I enjoyed looking at all your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your drawings! What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sketches - what a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your drawings are amazing, I always struggle with that style but yours are FAb !!! cant wait to see what you have in store next week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely drawings - something so romantic about a windmill ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Late joining in so playing.Fabulous drawings.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates