Ads 468x60px

Mixed Media Art Workshop Week Two

This week we did Spontaneous Watercolor Backgrounds Workshop.  This is one of those pieces that I'm going to have to walk away from and return to in a couple days to decide whether or not I actually like it.  It was nice to play around with new supplies.  I also was able to acquire a brayer and Speedball inks in anticipation of the project.  New supplies in the winter?  Always a big bonus.

Step One was a watercolor wash with analogous colors and one complementary.  Step two was random scribbling and darkening of shadow areas along the swaths as well as adding stamped images which are really light with the stamps I received in the mail today from an art blog that I won them from.  Step three was the addition of a t shirt sprayed stencil with brayer presses.  I used a cut out that I received in a batch of punches from one of my ATC friends.  The final step was adding the India ink a few more marker lines and some watercolor pencil embellishments and some highlight areas along the India ink swirls.  When I look at it I keep thinking it needs a light glitter mist sprayed into the white spots.  I don't have this item if I did I would have tried it.  Maybe it's the fact that there is shimmering snow outside my window right now that has my muse whispering this into my ear?

Done

Step One

Step Two

Step Three

Step Four

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates