Ads 468x60px

Mixed Media Art Workshop Week One Part One

I just finished week one part one of Strathmore's Visual Journal Online Workshop Series and it took me from start to finish all day, squeezing 5 minutes here and 20 minutes there throughout the day.  While still juggling day to day life and keeping the kids happy.  What a rush, it was so much fun.  It was a video so as she completed a section I'd pause it and dash for my next grouping of supplies. 

I have progress photos posted to share below as I added each layer.  The entire piece is made from the following: Layer One and Two Tulip fabric spray and found objects Layer Three acrylic paint Layer Four oil pastels Layer Five acrylic paint wash Layer Six more acrylic paint and finally the Seventh Layer in the completed piece for part one is Speedball India ink. 

Part Two is uploaded to the classroom and ready for viewing but I am definitely going to get some rest and start fresh tomorrow.  To my fellow classmates if you are blogging your workshop pieces please share your URL in the comments section below I would love to see every ones work.

Finished Piece for Part One
Layer One

Layer Two

Layer Three

Layer Four

Layer Five

Layer Six

6 comments:

  1. Mary, I loved seeing your process on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I can't wait to get started on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out beautifully! I haven't had time to try it yet but it looks amazingly fun. That layering thing is all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this workshop too- I really like the colors you used- and your pictures as you progressed from Step to Step......Fun, Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so well! I love your first layer - what did you use for your stencils?! I haven't started yet, but I will be blogging it once I eventually do, will be great to keep sharing as we work through it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Thank you so much for sharing. I have not even had a chance to take a peek at the video but you've inspired me to take the plunge. I love all your layers and colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates