Ads 468x60px

Crustaceans Blue Claw and Hermit Crabs

08-22-2011 For the AFA crustaceans swap "Hand-drawn or hand-painted cards should focus on Crustaceans: lobsters, crabs, crayfish, shrimp, prawns, and krill.  Realistic, impressionistic, or whimsical approaches are all fine as long as you are committed to creating your best."

These crustaceans were a lot of fun for me to draw.  They reminded me of when I was growing up.  Living on the shore these animals were always there to be caught and used as childhood entertainment.  At one point I had a about a dozen salt water hermit crabs living in a container in my room.  That was all fine and good until I learned that at night they fight for each other's shells.  The tap tap tapping did not work into the need for school sleep so out they went.

Male Blue Claw Crab

Hermit Crab

Female Blue Claw Crab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates