Ads 468x60px

Artistic Self Exploration

06-20-2011 I was really in the mood to draw yesterday.  I pulled out my journal and doodled the left hand corner and then was at a total loss for what to do next.  There it sat with a huge blank space.  I put it away and brought it back out after I finished all my trading card committed drawings.  In the remaining space I did an art exercise. 

I drew the items in this order: house, path, tree, fence, sun, dog, treasure chest, axe and snake.  Each object and its locations have meanings.  It was very insightful.  My life is in a great place!  If anyone else wants to do this exercise comment to this post or email me and I will share the explanations.  However it's important to remember that you won't get an accurate self reading if you read the explanations before you draw the art.  Made with Micron 05 and brush pens.

Journal Page June 19, 2011
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you put comments on your blog. I love stopping by- this looks like an interesting exercise....I do not draw well though...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates