Ads 468x60px

Our House, Then.

8-31-2010 This art card painting started from a photograph of a concrete wall and paint chipped window in a dilapidated house, it was so cold and forgotten. I wanted to paint this as if I was standing inside the room looking out the unkempt window onto a warm inviting garden. As if home repair had been forgotten in turn for garden maintenance.


Somehow once I started laying the paint to the paper it began to create itself. Now it is a garden painting with a rich wooden frame and warm texture painted wall. I like to think that this would have been hanging in this house when it was still alive with family, hope and love.

Our House, Then. was submitted to Painting Photos Challenge #12 Window in Old Cottage.

This card was mailed to Bob and Mary in MI from my ATC Club for a blind swap.
 

Share

Copyright

2015 ©Mary Walker
All Rights Reserved
 
Blogger Templates